I've heard this term before. .... But what does it mean?...
.................Well the concept of hyperfocal distance is easy to understand: focus a lens at the
hyperfocal distance and everything in the photograph from some near distance to
infinity will be sharp. Landscape photographs are often taken with the lens
focused at the hyperfocal distance; near and distant objects are sharp in the
photos.
There are numerous websites that you can download charts for different camera models. I used these charts a lot now when shooting at night as it's near impossible to focus on anything clearly, even through the camera screen at the back...or maybe it's just my eyesight. Either way these charts are a great little tool to carry with you. A tip is if you plan on printing them, make sure to laminate the sheet. The first one I didn't and ended up with a soggy mess....link below to download some charts for Canon, Nikon, Lecia and Sony Digital Cameras :
http://www.pbase.com/eos5d/hyperfocal
No comments:
Post a Comment